Over the past two weeks we have been running a LEGO programme for year five pupils from the Abertaf & Abercynon Community primary schools. We have constructed vehicles, motorised the vehicles and programmed robots. These are the photographs taken over the two weeks.
As a school and a community we are proud to have a ‘LEGO Invation Studio’ located in the school. The LEGO® Education Innovation Studio provides a complete learning solution for your school whilst stimulating creativity, problem-solving and team-working skills. The Innovation Studio is based on a hands-on learning approach that actively involves students in their own learning process. Your Innovation Studio will become a hub for your local community, bringing together schools, teachers, parents and companies to provide an education for your students that will last a lifetime.
Our solutions deliver value by enabling students to exercise the following learning-effective behaviour while addressing the curriculum:
Systematically creative learners
- combining logic and reasoning with playfulness and imagination
- giving form to thoughts
- combining, exploring and transforming ideas and objects
- mastering a tool and constructing things in the real world, (and thereby constructing knowledge in their minds)
- making their mark and expressing their originality in the learning environment
- feeling ownership and taking charge, being proactive and internally driven
- learning from interpreted experiences and explanations of other people, including peers and experts.
- learning through reflecting upon an experience, discussing why and how things worked in the accomplishment of a goal.
- helping each other to learn, each according to their ability, through the shared language of LEGO® bricks.
The LEGO Education INNOVATION STUDIO in particular targets Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) curriculum but may also cover:
- Language Arts
- Art & Design
- Personal, Social & Health Education, PSHE