KS3 - KS4 - KS5
This section gives you a flavour of the results that pupils achieve at Mountain Ash. You can view in detail results at KS3, KS4 and KS5. Our results are very good and are generally above LEA and national averages. We are all very proud of the achievements of our pupils and are always looking for ways of improving outcomes for our children. A number of examples are noted below:
- Over 70% of our students go on to achieve 5A* – C or their vocational equivalents at 15. This figure is above the LEA average and above the national average.
- If you place these results against the results of similar schools in Wales ( benchmarking ) then these results place us among the very best schools in Wales.
- Similarly results at KS3 are very good with 55% of pupils achieving a level 5 in all core subjects. This figure again is above LEA averages. All departments compare favourably with other schools.
- At post 16 results are very good with students regularly achieving places in top Welsh and British Universities. We have over 150 students in form successfully following a range of courses.
- Our value added data is very strong. This basically means that whatever their starting point children will do better at Mountain Ash than in similar schools because of the quality of its provision
These headline figures are important to us and the standing of our school. However what is most important is that all our young students achieve their potential whatever that may be. Our pupils are closely tracked in terms of their academic performance and we have rigorous sytems in place to ensure that we offer the right support to ensure that those who need extra help get it, and get it quickly. We have a comprehensive literacy and numeracy development programme which can be viewed in the Additional Learning Needs section.
I hope this has given you a flavour of our results. To view them in detail please go to the specific KS3,4 and 5 sections.