The school has a well planned and effective system for ensuring the quality of its provision. The main features of the system are noted below however it is also underpinned by a management policy of “management by walking about”. The systems have resulted in the school recently gaining national recognition as one of the most improved schools in Wales. Our results section on this website confirm that students in Mountain Ash achieve above national averages.
- All departments reviewed over a two year cycle. The review is a partnered review and involves school senior managers, departmental staff and advisors from outside the school.
- All staff in the school take part in a performance management system and set three performance related objectives on an annual basis.
- All staff will be observed teaching at least once per year.
- Information gathered from the processes above feed into whole school, departmental and individual development plans.
- All departments take part in rigorous examination reviews in the Autumn term where performance is analysed and targets for improvement developed.
- All departments are line managed by experienced senior leaders. All departments Heads have fortnightly meetings with their line managers. One meeting per month is recorded through the writing of detailed minutes. In this way problems can be tackled early
I hope this information gives you an insight into ours systems and gives you confidence that if you decide on Mountain Ash as the school for your child then the quality of education they will receive will be second to none.